Since the implementation of the requirement of negative COVID-19 test result for boarding China-bound flights from New Zealand on 3 September, most passengers submitted their reports of negative test result and requested for the HS green health QR code (HS code) or the Health Declaration Form, by following the instructions based on the announcement issued on 26 August by the Chinese diplomatic and consular missions in New Zealand. In an effort to improve efficiency, in conjunction the issues received, the Chinese diplomatic and consular missions in New Zealand remind:
1. International travel is the main source of spreading novel coronavirus, it is recommended to avoid any unnecessary travel, reducing the long-haul travel and cross border movement as much as possible. If traveling to China, please choose direct flights.
2. Please try to limit any unnecessary movements, especially avoid attending a gathering of any size, and make sure have good personal protection after the COVID-19 test have been completed and before boarding flights. Please help protect yourself and others by being a responsible traveller, if you are feeling unwell before traveling, please cancel your travel and seek medical advice.
3. Please do not forge or tamper with the report of COVID-19 test result. The report will be considered as null and void, and you are fully liable for any legal action against you.
4. Please do not take the pre-departure COVID-19 test too early, so as to prevent any possibility that the validity period of test report does not cover the intended travel date to China, it may result in failure to successfully request for the HS code or the Health Declaration Form.
5. Beginning from 1 October, passengers traveling to China must provide test report issued by testing facilities (laboratories) when request for the HS code or the Health Declaration Form.
1) The reporting date on the test report issued by testing facilities (laboratories) will be used to calculate the valid date of the HS code or the Health Declaration Form.
Please request for a copy of your test report with reporting date from sample collecting facilities (such as GPs, clinics and emergency medical centres, etc), or you may directly request for your test report from testing facilities (laboratories). Please refer to Appendix I for sample reports issued by some laboratories.
2) If there is no reporting date on the test report issued by testing facilities (laboratories), the most recent date shows on the test report will be used for calculating the valid date of the HS code or the Health Declaration Form. Please refer to Appendix II.
3) Dates listed on the test report issued by testing facilities (laboratories), such as date sent, date printed, or date which the report received or a reporting date based on the test result by other medical facilities (such as GPs, clinics and emergency medical centres, etc), will not be used to as the reference for the validity date of the HS code or the Health Declaration Form.
6. Please make sure that the full name and date of birth on the negative test report matches with your travel document.
Embassy of the People’s Republic of China in New Zealand
Chinese Consulate-General in Auckland
Chinese Consulate-General in Christchurch
30 September 2020
Appendix I (Sample Laboratory Reports)
3、Canterbury Health Laboratories